Well the 2018 DARN Bash is history, and it was great fun. We had well over 40 folks at the Alpine Village Restaurant, and the food was great …. and as always for our waistline, too plentiful. We had a great meal, then Mike gave a briefing on stuff done in 2018, and anticipated in 2019, then the drawing was held. Many stayed well after the raffle to chat.
Thank you all for coming and making it a great success … We will do it again next year ... maybe even bigger and better. I think a grand time was had by all!
Below are some pictures of the fun, and below the pictures a list of the prize winners.
NEXT YEAR'S BASH WILL BE ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8th. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Some folks didn’t get in a photo... The tables were full, but here was lots of food to go get... often. The empty chairs had folks temporarily missing, and I missed getting a picture of the 5 at my table.
AND THE WINNERS ARE:
- The Grand Prize, the Yaesu FT-450 100 watt HF-6M rig went to Mike, K6MJU.
- The Yaesu FT-60R handheld went to Clifford, KK6QMS, who had to leave (pick up at the next brunch?)
- The 40 watt 440 CDM programmed to all of DARN: Brad, W6VO
- A Gold Membership went to Scott, W6EDS
- A Second Gold Membership went to Joe WB6BJM
- A Silver membership went to Clifford, KK6QMS
- The 5 Blue Sea Blade Fuse Blocks went to:
- Chris, AA4CD (to be used in a repeater project somewhere)
- Joe, KF6OHM
- Lew, AC6LS (Pick up at next brunch?)
- Mike, K6MJU (going into a repeater somewhere)
- Jeff, KB6SUP
- The five boxes of two Luiton 2-watt tiny talkies each programmed to DARN 1-15 plus FRS simplex:
- Mitch, DJ0QN …. I will ship it to you Mitch.
- Jay, KT5LA
- Dick, K6VGP
- Joe, WB6BJM
That’s all folks…… We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!